starting to pee in pants

my little girl is 3 will be 4 in august she has been potty trained for a year and now all of a sudden she is starting to wet her pants its just when she is watching tv not when she is playing anybody know what i can do to break her? or if she might have a bladder infection or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Since it's only during TV, I doubt it's an infection. It sounds like the classic "I forgot" or "I was too busy playing" problem. It's very common for that to happen even into grade school. She simply does not want to leave the TV so she holds it and holds it until it's too late. Classic.

When you turn on the TV, turn on a timer for 15 minutes. When the timer goes off, turn off the TV and make her go try. Don't rely on her being willing to walk away from the TV to pee. Tell her "It's time to go try". And refuse to turn the TV back on until she does try.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2009