Someone made a post in my baby group about whats your kid doing at 11 mo old and alotta kids are saying words like bye bye hi dog kitty..things like that ...should i be worried that my son doesnt say any of those things or come close..he says babaababaaba and momma and dadda all the time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dont worry, I was about my dd. She was like 15 months and not saying anything now all of a sudden she speaks in full sentence and she answers questions and counts and says her alphabet. She is 22 months now but she started around 18 months
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• DON'T COMPARE YOUR BABY TO OTHERS, THEY ALL DEVELOP AT DIFFERENT RATES.

Answer by older at 1:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I don't think so. My son is 11 months and says "hi" "bah" (for bye) "uh oh" "hey" and then the dadada and bababa and such. He also waves hi and bye and claps when someone says "yay!" But my neice who is 19 months JUST started using small words like "no" "hi" and knows a,b,c..and thats the extent of her alphabet lol. How much do you work with your baby? I've always talked to my son a lot and am repeating sounds to him all the time. I even noticed myself saying "uh oh!" when I drop something lol. I wouldn't worry about it though.
    Anonymous