Getting Blue Prints? (PIOG)

Does anyone know if I can get the blueprints to my mother-in-laws house offline? We (my SO, myself and her) are planning an add-on and I am going to draw up the basic plans, but I'm not sure how to go about getting the current blue prints so that everything can be drawn to scale. If I could get them offline that would be great!

Thanks for your help :)

CarolynBarnett

Asked by CarolynBarnett at 1:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I would start with the (probably county) Recorded of Deeds

Answer by rkoloms at 2:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I would try the county recorder's office or your builder, if you know who it is.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Start with your Building and Planning office. If they don't have them, try the builder if you know it. But keep in mind that the plans are often not available, especially for older homes. Mine is 35 years old and neither the city or the buidler have copies.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009