discipline

my three year old is driving me crazy nothing works with him we have tried time out spanking everythin i just dont know what to do anymore nothing works with himwe have even aprayed him with a squirt bottle because he doesnt like to be squirted so do any of you have nay ideas PLEASE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• TRY TAKING AWAY HIS FAVORITE TOY.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• OCCUPY HIS MIND WITH SOMETHING NEW, READ TO HIM SPEND SOME QUALITY TIME, MAYBE EVEN AN EDUCATIONAL COMPUTER TOY. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, LOTS AND LOTS OF PATIENCE!

Answer by older at 1:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I agree with okc-mom-2! That's what I was going to mention. If that doesn't work, leave him on the stairs or in a corner where all he stares at is a wall and add ONE MINUTE every time he tries to get up or how long he screams. My mom was a preschool teacher and I've done a lot of babysitting and stuff where I didn't pop the kid out of respect for the parent. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Have you heard of love and logic?

www.loveandlogic.com

It's a technique that uses life lessons and empathy to teach responsibility. There's too much to type here about it, LOL. But there is a L&L group here on cafe mom. Also, feel free to PM and I'll tell you what I know about it.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• What is he doing wrong?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• oh he just wont listen to anything he hits his brithers and bites them andhe wont listen to a thing we say
    barbi326

Answer by barbi326 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• The squirt bottle thing sounds pretty mean and inaffective.

You need to be consistent with your rules and discipline. No means no. Make that clear. Use small words that your child can understand. Explain why something is not allowed. Let the child know what the consequences will be if you the behavior continues.

If the child continues to do something that is not permitted, remove him from the situation.

Without more detail on what exactly the problem is it's hard to give more suggestions.
    Anonymous