Ok so its my baby shower not hers!

A friend is throwing me a baby shower and is bitching at me about who IM INVITING TO MY BABY SHOWER! I invited some people that I have been friends with for a while and they smoke pot every once in a while and a few are pot heads. She wants me to un-invite them because of it! Its not like their gonna show up high as a kite or with pot on them!!! Why does it matter who I invite!? Its MY baby shower! Im not just going to stop hanging out with them for that, its just like drinking! Plus, they DO NOT smoke around me just in their backyards every once in a while! How do I express that I AM inviting them because it is MY baby shower to the lady who is throwing it? (Please no bashing)

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You just need to tell her they are your friends and you are inviting them. If this is such a big issue maybe someone else can take over? I don't know but hope the issue gets solved for you both.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• then why do you read them?
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I ask myself that very question every time I do
    Anonymous

• I would just say to her "I'm sorry you feel that way about them but they have always been good friends to me and I want them there." If she decides she doesn't want to be there then she is not a very good friend.
    Anonymous

• Just tell her. It's your baby shower and they are your friends. Thats a bit rude to tell someone to uninvite their friends. If she doesnt want them in her home, maybe do it somewhere else.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009