I'm a stay at home mom and my husband is deployed so my days are filled with nothing...I have all the time in the world to spend doing things with my son but I don't know what to do! What do you do w/ an 11 mo old that works with their mind and teaches them things.

howardsmom

Asked by howardsmom at 1:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter will be eleven months on the 20th....we watch educational shows or videos and talk about them as we watch them, listen to music (she LOVES music), dance, read stories, go outside and "explore"(just walk around and look at things and what not, which is also good exercise)...play instruments together, make sometimes, draw and color.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• start teaching her her colors, shapes, and abc's....sing a long songs are good, teacher stores are full of them...do scribble time...with fat crayons....also, get play dough..this helps her motor skills in her hands....paints, get art supplies at Wal Mart and let her just glue stuff to construction paper...READ to her every day...dance with her...take her for walks...if there is a park near by, take her there...feed the ducks, if she's not talking yet...get online and look up websites about baby sign languages...I did this with my son...really cool...point out everything to her...the red sign with the letters S T O P means for mommie to stop...the green light is for go...etc have fun...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• get out of the house, and let the world be your classroom. there are colors, shapes, letters and numbers everywhere. there are playgrounds, plants, zoos, museums, libraries, all sorts of fun places that happen to be educational

Answer by rkoloms at 2:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• depends one what all he can do..if he crawls u can put pillows and other objects to make an obsicle corse for him to crawl over to u,if he walks,play hide and seek,books are fun also,music and dancing,babies love that
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• not sure what service he is in or what base he's stationed at, but most bases (i'm at camp pendleton in cali) have lots of classes or groups that get together for spouses of deployed service members. call your locale MCCS (thats what marines call it but basically the community services) on base to find out more. or the park is always fun for kids all the other ideas on here are great too. also the baby einstein dvd's are great for helping you to teach him the basics. good luck!
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 3:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2009