Has anyone ever been a power of attorney for someone?

What is the process for them to name you as their power of attorney? What is involved in being someone's power of attorney?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• i am my husbands power of attorney and he is mine. we went to an attorneys office and had a will made up where we named each other as power of attorney
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Are there different types of power of attorney....I.E. does it vary depending on the situation? That's probably a silly question, as I'm sure it does. -OP
    Anonymous

• im not sure on that one. pretty much what we did was decided who gets our son if we both pass, who gets all our stuff and any money, if we are in the hopspital and on life support-how we want that situation handled, if we want to be buried or creamated...i would call an attorney and ask because im not 100% on all the details of it all. sorry i cant help more
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Thanks. My situation is not really like that...I think it's somewhat different so I have a feeling the logistics are different...but I just thought I'd see if anyone on here had any knowledge of it. Any info. helps!
    Anonymous

• I have power of attorney for my mom (she has Alztheimers). Yes, there are different types; my spouse and I have medical powers of attorney for each other.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My husband is military and I have 4 different ones for him. I know in the military there are about 90 different ones.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2009