What diapering solution did you find worked best for you?

My daughter is 2 months and is extremely allergic to disposable diapers, it seems. The absorbent gel they use in both expensive and cheap diapers is causing a big red burn on her genitals that is worse than diaper rash. Now for the past few days I've been looking into cloth diapers, but they are extremely expensive. I don't have the patience for prefolds, and would prefer a pocket or AIO diaper. During my search, I came across "Tushies" disposable diapers which is gel free and chlorine free, and all natural, but not as absorbent, and I came across hybrid "gDiapers" which comes with washable outer panties, but the liner is disposable and biodegradable. Which of these methods have you used and which did you find worked the best? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hey there.
    My son was the same exact way. It didn't matter if I used cheap disposable diapers or expensive name-brand ones. He'd always get a diaper rash... a BAD one. It's turn bright red, swell, and sometimes, would leave open sores.
    So, I did turn to cloth diapers.
    I've asked extensive questions as well, and I've gotten a lot of VERY helpful responses from lovely CMers. (Thanks, btw!)
    I bought a couple of each, to see what I'd like. AIO's, diaper covers only with prefolds, disposable/flushable liners...etc.
    And.. I ended up making my own! lol. I usually do the diaper covers with prefolds plus I make my own as well...
    But anywho! I honestly prefer both. AIO's and diaper covers. They're both very very convenient.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• what about "preowned" cloth diapers?

try Freecycle, Craigslist, ebay, garage sales and second hand shops

Answer by rkoloms at 2:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I CD. I use prefolds with a snappi and cover. Prefolds are probably the cheapest way to go (besides flats). They cost between 1-2 dollars each and hold up extremely well. I use a snappi instead of pinning, I just dont have the confidence to pin. I have pins and will use them if I cant find my snappi but much prefer the snappi. I find them very absorbant and well worth the money!

If youre crafty enough, you could even make you own very simply!
    Kelleysunshine

Answer by Kelleysunshine at 3:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009