Help on understanding "my cycle" and conceiving....

Okay, I guess since I already have one child I should know this, but getting pregnant for him was so easy I never thought of it... I am trying to track my cycle and how in the world do I know the length of my cycle, how do you calculate this? Another concern is I've just started my period back (my son is almost 14 months old) and it is really irregular. What is the easiest way to track this to know when I ovulate? Thanks so much for all of your helpful advice! I appreciate it!

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 2:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• you cycle starts the day your period starts that would be CD1. and so it goes until you start your next one. the day before would be the last cycle day...i.e. CD30 (or whatever amount of days)

you usually ovulate about 10-15 (14 avg.) days before your next period. and the time from ovulation to period is the luteal phase.

if you can temp every morning before getting out of bed at about the same time everyday after at least 3 hours of sleep... start using a BBT thermometer . chart your temps, and that can help you pinpoint days . there are a lot of sites online you can chart temps at.
    Taking (or Take) Charge of Your Fertility. by Toni W. has a TON of useful information about charting. also charting your cervical mucous ...

it is harder with irregular periods,,,, but maybe they will start to get more regular... or you will start recognizing signs of ovulation

good luck
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• what codysmama said.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 2:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009