how do you get baby offr the bottle at night?

baby is almosdt 6 months and our doctor would lke us to start elimanting the bottle at night.

frog643

Asked by frog643 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 mo? wow soo young! mine are 20 mo and still nurse there botty at night i just put water in it
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Do you mean before bed or in the middle of the night? I can see middle of the night, but I still give my 10 month old a bottle before bed. We're working on sippy cup now, so I hope to eliminate the bedtime bottle by a year, but 6 months seems young to me, too.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• They gave it up on their own when they no longer needed extra nourishment through the night.
    Anonymous

• yes by 6 months a baby DOES NOT need a night time bottle in the middle of the night. switch it with a pacifier and when they wake up readjust them get them comfy again and walk out might include a little of CIO but it will work i promise!
    Anonymous

• I am so against the pacifier..my son never really took to it and I wasn't gonna start it at 6 months...We were also told there was no need for the night bottle and so the only option I found that work was letting him cry it out. I'm a huge fan of crying it out...Its hard but it worked best for us...going in there and rubbing his tummy or shhhing him to sleep just pissed him off even more, it was our only option. Now he's almost 1 yr old next month and I'm trying to take away using the bottle to fall asleep..bad habit you should NEVER START..lol I'm going to just let him cry it out..lets hope it works as well as middle of the night bottles
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 2:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• The doc is just worried about bottle rot. If you just put water in the bottle, eventually the baby will get tired of it and just go to sleep without. My daughter cut the bottle at night when she was four mouths only because my friends told me about bottle rot and I talked to her doc and he agreed. And the pacifers are a personal thing. I was adament about Emilee being off the paci at six months, and so she was, but some let their little ones have it for a lot longer. *shrugs* Whatever works.
    Tanya0702

Answer by Tanya0702 at 3:53 AM on Jul. 16, 2009