Im so sick,I need to know what to take...

I am throwing up non-stop and I would like to know what over the counter medicine I can take? I really need something asap. I have been throwing up since 5:30 am. And I can't make it to the doctor,but I tried calling her but the stupid nurse wont let me talk to her, she said I have to come in. So please people Im relying on ya'll to help me,I feel horrible.
P.S. It not morning sickness,b/c my neice has the same thing as me, and this is the first time I've thrown up in 2months (I'm 7months pregnant). Oh,and it would be a plus if it made me sleepy b/c I haven't gotten any sleep between my daughter kicking and me throwing up.

Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Chamolmile tea is the only safe thing, that or mint tea. Raspberry tea is also okay. Just don't chug the mint or chamomile, you can chug the raspberry.
    I had the same prob when I was preggers and the raspberry helped.
    But with a virus you can't take anything to make it end sooner.
    See if you can get the nurse to call in an anti-naseua med.
    Oh and if she refuses to let you talk to the dr, tell her you are calling the state licensing board, wait five minutes call back and say you talked to so and so at the board and they are going to send someone out within two weeks if this is not resolved because nurses have to do what is best for the patient. LOl I did it and it worked like a charm! Of course, i am sli8ghtly evil when preggers! LOL
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• There really isn't anything you can take over the counter without consulting your doctor first. You have to go in, why can't you make it to the doctor?
    javila

Answer by javila at 2:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• sounds virul and you just have to let it run it's course i would recommend ginger,, ginger ale could help ease your stomach , idk know about any over the counter stuff.... feel better
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• yOU HAVE TO GO TO THE DOCTOR, YOU MUST BE SEEN. IF YOU CAN'T GO TO THE DOCTOR, GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM.
    Anonymous

• If it was morning sickness I would say dramamine or benadryl (at any stage of pregnancy because all three of my doctors have told me they were ok when I was only 6 weeks along) but since it is a bug... I would say to let it run its course:( I know that it really sucks but it will pass soon! Just sip fluids (a tsp every 15 minutes) until you are able to keep it all down
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Benedryl will knock you out and is safe to take during pregnancy. I would really try my best to see a doctor. Please keep hydrated!!! Good Luck!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My doctor told me to use Ginger root - its a type of vitamin that can be found in the vitamin aisle next to like the prenatal ones - I'd say to try that with like hmm one benadryl just so that you can go to sleep; have you ever tried eating raw lemons to help settle your stomach? - or try sucking on peppermints for a while; I had all day sickness for the first 3 months and my doctor had to give me medicine they give to cancer patients - I know you said that you don have morning sickness but neither do they; it just helps settle your stomach really good; you may want to ask about it if you have to end up going to the E.R. which i'd most likely would end up doing.
    dorkish_face

Answer by dorkish_face at 4:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2009