Would this be wrong?

I am pregnant with my first and just had my baby shower a few days ago. We got basically everything we needed and the things we didn't get we have gift cards to purchase them. We also recieved some money. I was wondering what you moms thought about us putting some of that baby shower money towards our future hospital bills once I go into labor. Do you think that would be wrong? Please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Why would that be wrong? The money was a gift to use for the baby, so why would it be wrong to to use it to help pay for the baby's medical bills? Those bills have to be paid no matter what, so what's the difference if you use your own paycheck to pay that bill or the cash gifts you were given? Either way, it is money being used for the baby, kwim?

What would be wrong would be to use the cash gifts to buy alcohol & cigarettes and other stuff that is obviously not for the benefit of the new baby.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I don't see why not it is for the baby, and if you have what you need.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i don't think it would be wrong. that cash was given to you as a present, use it for whatever you need it for. i think hospital bills are a legitimate use .. do what you think is best!
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 2:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I do not feel that is wrong at all...

If I was one that gave you the money I would want you to do what you
    want to do with it..

good luck
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yep, I don't think that's wrong either. They were given to benefit the baby.. and paying off hospital bills from the birth of your gorgeous one... well, that's certainly benefiting the baby as well. :]
    Congrats~! Btw...
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No, it's not wrong. What do you think of this idea? Open a savings account for your baby.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Of course not why would you think that is wrong. The money was a gift to use as you choose. I thought you were going to ask if you should use it for a massage! Which would be good too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I would put the money in a savings or investment account for the baby.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2009