cross stitch kit for almost 3 year old ?

My daughter is showing signs of being very creative ( like mommy). I am so excited ! I love watching her feel the fabric bolts when we go to the fabric store. I totally understand how she feels when she wants to investigate and touch it all. The other day as we were watching t.v. ( normally, I don't like her to watch and I don't ususally watch t.v. but I was sick with no one to help so there we were) and she actally asked for the toy that was being sold. It was some kind of create your own weird thing. One of the many things that I do is cross stitch and she is always trying to help. I wonder if one of those cross stitch for kids is to old for her or not. Has anyone here have a young child who has one? Any other suggestions?

Asked by eblue3 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think the yarn and plastic canvas crafts would be easier for her to do.

Answer by Cherrie522 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My best friend's daughter is doing latch hooks and she LOVES it!
    Maybe that would work? The handle is big enough for your little ones hands too.
    Oh, and the little girl is 3.

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Or even one of those weaving kits where you can make pot holders and stuff. That seems like an easy start

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I'd start with lacing cards (sold in toy stores) or plastic canvas with large holes, yarn, and a blunt yarn needle.

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Agree with beginning with the lacing cards.  See some here   but most say age 5.  

See more activities here  and what else might be appealing for you/her.

Answer by momjs at 10:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009