What do you think about Coburn's apology?

Coburn: Sorry about the protesters
Wed Jul 15, 11:27 am ET

It's rare to see a senator apologize for the actions of people on their own side. But we saw Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., a strong anti-abortion advocate do just that this morning.

An obstetrician and a conservative, Coburn grilled Sonia Sotomayor on abortion law. But before he got into that, he first issued an apology to her and rebuked the anti-abortion protesters that interrupted the first two days of the confirmation hearing.

"I apologize to you for the outburst that occurred in this committee. Anybody who values life like I do and is pro-life recognizes that the way you change minds is not yell at people, is you love them," Coburn said. "And you care about their concerns and you create a level of understanding, not condemnation. And so, for that, I apologize."

Five anti-abortion protesters i

Momtocccd

Asked by Momtocccd at 2:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 2:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• recognizes that the way you change minds is not yell at people, is you love them," Coburn said. "And you care about their concerns and you create a level of understanding, not condemnation. And so, for that, I apologize."

I think the supporters of SSM and gay rights should take note of what this person said.  I agree with him completely, and I am pro-choice. 

Anonymous

• Others Senators and Representatives should take notes. He did the right thing. That to me shows persons intelligence .

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 2:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Tom Colburn has many issues to address, good to see he's not a total lunatic!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Protesting something we think is wrong is our right as American citizens. No apology needed.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2009