POTTY TRAINING

we are trying to potty train my 3 yr old son and it is not working AT ALL we tried the 3 day potty training but he would just go in his underwear and i have no idea what to d now i am at a lost so if anyof you ladies could give me tips or ideas i would be so grateful

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When he goes in his pants, who cleans up the puddle? Who carries the poop to the potty? He should.
    I'd try the bare-butt method at home. Even then, if he goes on the floor, he mops up the pee and takes the poop to the potty for flushing. Not as punishment but as a "You are old enough to clean up after yourself" big kid, matter-of-fact way.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i would leave my son in his underwear because i was so paranoid that he was gonna pee on the carpet again lol and i would constantly ask him if he had to use the restroom but if ur son doesn't tell you when he has to go i would keep a timer and sit him on the toilet every 30 minutes and make him sit there until he went pee. it really helped when i put his little toilet in the living room it was so much more convenient for him since he could sit there and watch tv or play with his toys. good luck it's soooo much better when they're potty trained
    felicia7806

Answer by felicia7806 at 6:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2009