I REFUSE to cook in this heat! Any suggestions that does not include the oven?

What about chilled soups? I've never tried any of them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• sandwiches?? frozen grapes...freeze your fruits
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Uh huh....Turkey Wraps. They are filling, cold and good.

Whole Wheat Tortillas
    Thin sliced deli turkey
    avacado slices
    nean sprouts
    tomatoes
    lettuce
    ranch dressing

Put everything in the wrap and roll it up. Serve it with chips or cold potato salad. No cooking, and he cold food helps you feel cool and satisfied without feeling overly full.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• oops *bean sprouts* sorry
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Store roasted chicken or turkey breasts. Deli meats and salads. Carry in pizza. For something you prepare yourself, tuna salad, egg salad.

Answer by Bmat at 3:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• salad
    raw tomato soup
    raw marinara with vegetables
    wraps: whole wheat tortillas with hummus and shredded veggies

We don't have a/c either. I cook pasta early in the morning and put it in the refrigerator for salads. I make rice in the rice cooker outside (same with my crockpot). I make peanut sauce in the microwave.

send me a message if you would like some recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 3:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• How about Ceviche?

Both of my favorite cold soups still require cooking before they get to the cold stage. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• At night(when it's cooler) I make tuna salad for the next night. also Stouffers has meals you can stick in the microwave(takes 18 minutes to cook) and they feed four..then Add a bagged salad. I also use my crockpot alot in the summer.
    Sometimes if it's too hot for hot food then just a fresh fruit salad or just go to Suabway or have both.
    As far as chilled soups, it would go over in this household but you can always try it...you can do ANYTHING! ONCE! lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Homemade subs are always good, also when I know its going to be hot for a few days I make up a pasta salad early in the morning boil the noodles up and put it together to chill in the fridge then we have a cold freshing salad for dinner thats already done and ready.
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 4:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Oh how about a green salad with some canned tuna flaked on top
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 4:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Pasta salad. Get a "Suddenly Salad" boxed mix add sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, pepperoni, or proscuitto, feta cheese, mozzerella, cheddar, or whatever you like.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2009