My husband is not meeting my needs.

I want my hubbuy to me more open. I want more lovey dovey stuff. Hugs and sweetness.Romance even! I know how dare I expect so much.LOL..Any suggestions for getting your husband to "Hear you" and act on it? He's the type of guy if i say "I need a hug" I get one..But I want HIM to think of things like spontaneous hugs etc.. and act on these thoughts. Impossible? Any help?

Mackenzie40

Asked by Mackenzie40 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• Talk to him.....That is the best thing to do.
    Preciv

Answer by Preciv at 2:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My husband is the type to hug and kiss and tell me I am beautiful all the time. Some men are raised or taught that way and some aren't. Talking to him about your needs should make things better. But its about speaking in mens lingo, so check out lovingyou.com and see if there are any tips on how to get him to understand. Good luck
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• You knew he was this way before you married him. Why do you think you can change him now?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 2:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• If he does what you ask, count yourself lucky! You could put little notes in a basket, "Hug me", "kiss me on the neck while I am cooking dinner", "jump my bones after the kids are in bed" and let him pick out one when he gets home from work. Guys need help with that usually, but if he is willing, give him a little help and count those blessings. Mind reading is a rare gift among men.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 3:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Maybe write down a list of 10 things you'd like your husband to do to/for you and ask him to do the same and tell him how it makes you feel when he does these things especially when you don't ask for them. And tell him you'd like him to do one thing once a day without being asked and hopefully he will come to a point where he won't have to look at the list anymore it will just be automatic. Just talk to him and explain your fed up of asking and you'd like him to be more spontaneous.
    lambchop1976

Answer by lambchop1976 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• OMG are you talking about my husband? i have the same problem. my best advise--be glad he's not a girly man. better to have a cave man than a sissy man.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 5:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008