I have a hormone imbalance, and i have been producing bad quality eggs and my OBGYN suggested having my partner's semen analysed as well, to accurately diagnosis my problem of conceiving, but he doesn't see it as necessary, and blatantly disregards the idea of ejaculating in a cup. His idea is "when it happens, it happens" What can i do to show him that this is all in the process to having our baby?

Sammi88

Asked by Sammi88 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Honestly, I don't know that you can. It seems to me that having a baby isn't all that important to him if he's not willing.

Maybe that's what you need to do...state that if having a child is important to him, then he NEEDS to do this. If he doesn't, then having a child isn't all that important to him. And maybe there needs to be a re-examination of your relationship.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I am in the exact same boat!!!!! my DH thinks because he's already produced a daughter (5+years ago) that that is proof enough that his swimmers are just fine. I'm so frustrated!!!!!
    JRM3282

Answer by JRM3282 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Maybe he's scared to find out if he has a problem. I think that is a pretty typical guy issue. If you suspect that is part of the problem, then you need to reassure him that you WILL NOT discuss the process with friends or family.

My hubby was fine with getting tested, but we already knew I had a problem.
    Anonymous

• I can tell you that it is a good idea to have your partner tested. My husband and I tried for 2 years with no luck so in January my husband went in for his first Dr. visit. His results came back low count and poor quality. We got our results back within the hour. He had extra blood vessels that were causing the problem. On March 25 he had an outpatient surgery where they cut those vessels and on June 4th I got a positive test. He really needs to go. I know it is not fun but let me tell you I had to do most of the work to get his sample not him anyways.
    sgivers

Answer by sgivers at 10:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2009