• In the Spotlight:

36 weeks prego and bleeding.. why

I'll be 36 weeks along on fri, I went pee and when I wiped I ws really bleeding with a dime size blood clot.... I went pee agian about 20 min later and now it's brown.... Has anyone else had this problem and if so why does this happen?
This is my 5th baby and never had this problem.... Any info on this would be great..

icebluegirl5

Asked by icebluegirl5 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did you have sex recently (like last night or this morning) ?

Your cervix is really soft right now, and if you did have sex that is what the blood could be from. If it has stopped and already is brown (meaning older blood) then I wouldn't worry about it. If it happens again, however, then I would worry and give the doctor a call.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It's been 2 weeks since I've had sex, But did go to the doc this morning and he checked me and said I ws 1cm and starting to thin out.. So he must of did something up there for that to happen....
    icebluegirl5

Answer by icebluegirl5 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yeah, I remember bleeding slightly after every time he checked me once I hit 30 weeks. So, it sounds pretty normal :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009