Can I lose weight this way?

I have been trying to cut down on carbs so this is what I have ate this wee:

Mon- yogurt / deli ham, cheese, peach / Hamburger steak, salad, sweet potato

Tues- granola bar / leftover half of hamburger steak, broccoli w/ butter, salad / chicken kabobs with peppers, onions, squash

And so far today- yogurt / almonds / cheese,deli ham, grapes

I feel like I am eating all this stuff with fat in it. Will I lose weight this way? Isn't this like the Adkins diet?

I have been drinking lots of water and going to the gym.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Cheese is bad too. So is the sweet potato.
    Anonymous

• You can pretty much eat anything you want. It's just portion control, calorie count and working out even 30 minutes.

Anonymous

• I lost 20 pounds by cutting the carbs and sugar intake..

Cheese Is good....I would cut the grapes out..the yogart...no potatoes...eat fruits that are low in carbs and sugar....

I did not once look at the fat intake...and I still don't....
    I never counted calories either..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Are you drinking 8 glasses of water a day...8 oz...do the crazy 8's...8 fruits, 8 veggies 3oz of lean meats...fish, chicken, turkey...etc whole wheats instead of white bread...brown rice...stay away from anything white...sugar etc...when you get up..eat breakfast eggs, toast, jam, turkey sausages..this is when you can cheat...then 2 hours later at 10 ish eat a fruit...12 eat a light lunch...2pm nuts, yogurt...grapes 5 supper...light portions....lot's of water...exercise, walk, do light weights alternate days...and if you cheat forgive yourself...chocolate is not your enemy it's your medicine at that time of the month...you will lose 2 to 3 lbs at a time...week or 2 weeks..but if you stick to a program it will work..you have to make changes...stick to it...read up...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• THE ADTKINS DIET REQUIRES EATING 20 GRAMS OF CARBOS A DAY WHICH IS HARD TO DO, YOU DO THIS FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF THE DIET AND ADD ON LITTLE BY LITTLE ACCORDING TO HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU ARE LOOSING. YOU CAN LOOSE WEIGHT WITH WHAT YOU ARE DOING BUT WATCH OUT IT CAN ALSO BACKFIRE AND GAIN WEIGHT. CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT, EXCERCISE IS AWESOME!

Answer by older at 3:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Sweet potato is good I dont know why they say its bad..Its better for you than white potato.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 3:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• A sweet potato has aprox... 24 grams of carbs...

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yogurt, fruit, sweet potatoes, granola bar & grapes all have carbs in them. You could cut those & still get carbs from the other foods.

Carbs are an energy source that is readily available to your body as you eat them. What you don't burn off is stored as fat.

Breakfast: try an omelet that's loaded with veggies like chopped green peppers or tomatoes, garlic & cooked in a pan sprayed with oil. There's fat in the eggs, yes, but it's natural fat, not added.
    Lunch: a huge chef salad with 2 oz. of deli ham or turkey & loaded with fresh veggies.
    Dinner: a lean source of protein like chicken breast or lean beef, at least 2 cups steamed veggies & a salad.
    Snacks: celery ribs with peanut butter or cream cheese; 1/2 c. cottage cheese sprinkled with cinnamon; 2 low fat (mozzarella) cheese sticks; leaf of lettuce spread with a bit of salad dressing & a slice of deli turkey breast & rolled up

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Do this 2 - 3 weeks MAX! Then slowly add healthy carbs like fresh fruit, high fiber cereal, etc. back to your diet. Try to stay away from breads, pasta, potatoes and rice.
    michiganmom116

• Your body needs carbs. But you need to eat the good carbs. Sweet potatoes, whole grain braids, brown rice, avoid the white counterparts.
    Anonymous