what might cause low dull achy belly pain @ 24 weeks?

i've been having them for a few days now. they feel slightly like cramps but not really. not unbearable, just a little uncomfortable. mostly hurts when i get up from sitting and it stretchs my belly back out. it sort of feels like the day or two before a period, you know before the real cramps start. it has not gotten worse, just stayed the same. and baby has been much more active the last 5 days than ever before.

i'm wondering if it may be round ligiment pain. i had that at around 18 weeks but it wasn't like this. this "pain" is centered. i've been drinking plenty of water and not doing much more than usual housework. it's not constant, but not timed like contractions. there's no tightening of the belly so i don't think it's braxton hicks. i'm not too very worried but wondering if i may need to call the hospital anyways... i try to avoid calling them about every single thing.

any ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your really worried just call your doctor but they wll probably tell you the same thing they told me if you not bleeding or the pain isnt constant or in a pattern its most likely your body stretching and getting ready for the baby i have that sorta problem all the time and i am 36 weeks
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I would call your doctor to be on the safe sound, but what your describing sounds to me like your body adjusting to the growth of the baby. Skin and muscles need to stretch way out and aches can be involved.
    frenzied

Answer by frenzied at 3:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• its probably ligiment pain>sorry if spelled wrong. its just the muscles stretching as it grows with your baby. with my first i went to the hospital like 12 x all worried cause of it and the told me it was just my tummy stretching. but like everyone else said if you are worried about it it is always best to talk to your doctor.
    Anonymous

• i have the constant ache in my lower tummy as well. for me it was from the baby growing, ligament pain an everything just getting squished since hes still getting bigger. a warm bath usually does me good but if your super nervous its best to call your dr. :) im sure you can also just talk to a nurse in your dr.s office instead of having to contact the actual dr. hope you feel better!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 8:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009