How can I keep the spiders away? They keep biting my son!

My 17 month old sone keeps getting bug bites, and of course he scratches them as much as he can (we always stop him and apply cream) I already know that my house has a slight spider infestation. In the past we've tried bug treatments (basic stuff from the store) and it didnt do much good.

How can I keep the bugs away? I feel so terrible when I see those bumps on him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We bought those things that plug into the outlets to keep insects/pests away. Sorry- I don't remember the exact name. But they have helped so much. We bought them 2 years ago- and they still work.
    Anonymous

• Call a professional and have the entire house fumigated (sp)
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I got my house exterminated for ants early spring and I asked the guy if it would work for spiders too... he told me the best way to get rid of the spiders is to find the egg sacks and use a vacuum. Me and my husband found most of them in the basement and I held the flashlight and he got the eggs. For some reason, poison doesn't work on them. There are WAY less spiders this year than last. Good luck!
    marykay22

Answer by marykay22 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2009