• In the Spotlight:

Best formula

So say by some chance you are one of those freaks of nature whos milk never comes in?? What would you suggest as the best formula for a new born???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• with my first son i used similac with iron my second i am using enfamill wiht iron i reallly dont have a choice though since i get it through wic....both seem fine to me and all the hype that bf babys have a better immunie system well my son will be 4 and he has only been sick one time.....my baby is 5 months and he has yet to get sick....so dont let no one bash u for doing the formula thing
    Anonymous

• we used enfimil A.R. but she had/has GERD
    Anonymous

• "Freaks of nature" is kind of offensive to women that may have this problem. Don't you think? I started off with enfamil lipil and later switched to enfamil prosobee.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i like simalic best.. thats what they give at the hospitals around here too....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Its really preference and what your child handles best. We used Similac with Iron. But between Similac and Enfamil I don't really think theres a difference.  Similac is cheaper

Anonymous

• It all depends, really... all babies are different. I tried breastfeeding my 1st son, but had my 2nd one go straight to formula. The hospital gave him Similac, which came in bottles, all ready prepared. When we got home, we tried using the powder based Similac, and he ended up with horrible diahhrea, gassyness, etc. He is now on Good Start (powder based) formula, and has been for 2 1/2 months. He's doing great with it!
    Happilyevafter

Answer by Happilyevafter at 3:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It depends. I used enfacare for low birthweight babies and then switched to enfimil lipil once we weaned from breastmilk. no problems.
    Anonymous

• we use goodstart soy and she does great with it
    Anonymous

• we're using similac advance with immune shield powder and he seems to be doing well on it. at 6 weeks he takes 5 oz every 3-4 hours and 6 oz at night and he'll sleep about 5-6 hours at night :)
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2009