Is it really possible to dilate to 5cm from just BH ?

BH = Braxton Hicks

My baby is already almost 1 but I just thought of this. I kept having really bad contractions and going to the hospital but they kept telling me it was just BH. REALLY? Then how is it that at 34 weeks I was dilated to 5cm? Then I just got stuck at 5, my water broke at 36 weeks.....blahblahblah. Do you think it was really BH? I didn't think they made you dilate that much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Its not JUST contractions that make you dialate...its the baby pushing down. So I agree, if it was more than BH they would have kept you.
    Anonymous

• I didnt think you would make it that far but I could be wrong. I know that with my first I dialated to 3 cm, but I never felt one BH contraction and after being at 3 cm with no contractions for one week then my water broke.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i was dialated to 2 cm for 6 weeks before my water finally broke, and i enver had BH... but its more than contractions that make you dialate..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Just be glad they didn't keep you. If it took another 2 weeks for your water to break then you obviously weren't ready.
    Anonymous