Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I deal with husbands brother

My husbands brother lives with us, he was only supposed to be here for a few months, well it's been 5 years. We don't get along, he doesn't even speak to me unless my husband is here. We had a huge blow out the other day because he bought another truck to my house, mind u he has no job, he has a car, jeep and now this, I told him to get it out of here, not in such nice words, now my husband is mad a me!!!!!!!! He said I had no right to talk to his brother that way, I'm I missing something. I've told my husband that he needs to leave, even before this, but he keeps telling me that's his brother, So now I've told him it's me or him. We have 2 kids and I feel he has 2 seperate families. Of couse his parents agree with him but then again they don't even want to deal with there own son. What should I do, do I stay or do I go. I love my husband very much but it's taking on toll on our marraige.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • You need to keep your word...

    Leave...and if he does not do something about his brother living there...

    Then what did you really have anyway...

    You and your children should come first.

    Answer by Dannee at 3:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • I wouldn't throw him out right now but would ask for a timeline of what his future plans are and when he plans on leaving. A job might make it happen sooner but I'm guessing he's very happy where he is and won't go easily. Try taking a break and take the kids to visit your family for the summer and see what dad wants to do then. When he sees what it's like without you he might grow balls and tell bro to get out.

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • That's ridiculous! I got into a fight with my DF's brother one time and DF was mad at me too. He is your husband and he should stick up for you. I would give an ultimatum. I don't know how you deal with it. If that was my DF's brother living with me for 5 years and not paying bills I would be long gone. Especially if it's taking money from my kids mouths to have him there. Ugh!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • Simple, tell your husband where are you both going to live?

    I am marching to the court house and my attorney's office to draw divorce papers, the house is mine, so when we get back, you both need to be gone. I will file for alimony and child support, so where are you going to keep you little precious darling brother? How much money are you going to have left after the judge awards me what rightfully belong to our children?

    You can stop this, I give you 1 month to get his ass out of our house or it will become my house, your check will become our money and you will become a thing of the past who never wanted to grow up and put our children and me first.

    Don't go there unless you mean business.

    Answer by bebita at 3:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • I would give the brother 30 days notice and leave in the mean time...have him sign the agreement to be gone in the 30 day time frame so its at least legit and when you come back he should be gone. If he does not leave you then have the right to remove his stuff from your house and change locks.

    Answer by Dom123123 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.