How did you descide your babys name?

We never had a boy name picked out until the day we had the ultrasound we started thinking. We had recently watched Mission Impossible, and Tom Cruise's name is Ethan Hunt, and when we heard it I said i liked it...so i was Ethan but my hubby said Alexander, but i didnt like that for a first name, so his name is Ethan Alexander!

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband is the 8th in the line of firstborn sons and so we went with the traditional name, so my son will be born Norman Bartley 9th. :) If it had been a girl we would have named her Eva Christina, after my mother and a very close personal friend who died when we were young. I like the fact that our children will know their names have a special significance, whether its a name that I really like, has a special meaning to or a family tradition. BTW I love the name Ethan Alexander too! Doesn't it mean Strong Protector?
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• my son was named after his dad....he looks and acts like his dad so i guess it works out
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My husband and I didn't find out the sex so we made a list of boys names and a list of girls names to keep in mind for when the baby was born. One day at work, my husband called to tell me he thought of a girls name-Niya. I liked it and put it on the list. When the baby was born, the first thing I said was "It's Niya!!" without even discussing it with Kyle!! So I guess I kind of decided what her name is but it fits her perfectly and I have my hubby to thank :) He loves it too.
    NurseMommie21

Answer by NurseMommie21 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My older son was supposed to be kinda after my ex-husband. His name is Bradley Richard,so our son is Chad Richard. My daughter, we thought was a boy,so we had Brian, then the ultrasound showed a girl,so I added an "ne" to the end of her name,and made it Brianne Nicole. I had intended to call her Nikki,but a friend gave her the nickname Breezi,and that's who she's been ever since. My younger son, was named after my dad,and my husband's grandfather. He is Kyndel James, my dad was Kenneth,and I never cared for that name, so I made it Kyndel,and spelled it different. He hates his name,and goes by KJ. LOL.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My SO picked out my DD name and I have to tell you When he said her name I loved it . (Raelynn Rose) Lynn is my middle name and my step-Daughters middle name also.
    I liked Hayden Lynn until a women that I know named her SON that and I said that really does sound like a boys name.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• when i was in grade 11 there was a girl in one of my classes, who was kinda bitchy..lol..but i liked her name anyways, and i just always kept it in mind..couple years later when i had my daughter i named her that (Alexis)...i never thought id name my kid someone who i didnt really like or who was bitchy..lol..but..i liked the name..cuz i have always like the name Alex..if it was a boy it woulda been alexander..so alexis worked perfectly..plus its not THAT common..common enuff for people to know it, but not to common that every kid is named it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My husband wanted a junior when our son was born, but DH's name is Fred...and I could just hear the teasing. So I refused to name him Fredrick Jr. My husband said, how about Jacob? I loved it... so we named him Jacob Alexander, the Alexander being his God-father's name. Our daughter was totally different. I liked the name Piper, but thought that the cuteness would wear off later in life... so I prayed about it....literally. I asked God to reveal to me what name He wanted for our child. I was sitting around about 2 or 3 days later, not thinking about baby stuff at all...and the name Rebecca just popped into my head. I immediately knew that was the name for our baby. And here she is... almost 2 now, and it fits her personality perfectly!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I didn't. DH named her while I was in a coma.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I wrote out a list of names i liked then asked him what he liked. He wasn't sure of any of them. So since our daughter was due on July 5TH, he hoped i would have her on the 4TH, he wanted me to name her Liberty. I don't like that for a first name so we made a deal......lol. If she was born on the 4th it would be Liberty, if not it would be Paige with liberty as a middle name. I won, lol so her name is Paige Liberty. My second child he picked the name after she was born, and i instantly fell in love with it, Faith.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My sons names was chosen by my DH, him and his grand father were really close and to do something in his memory, we named our son Ivan. With our DD we didnt have a name for her until; two days after we brought her home. And our baby was actaully named by his brother and sister.
    mandic

Answer by mandic at 4:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2009