How do you fry pork chops?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I season them with seasoning salt , onion powder, black pepper. Then I dredge them in flour, have a pan hot with vegetable oil, put the pork chops in, let them brown on both sides.
    monih40

Answer by monih40 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i boil them first...then i let them cool then i roll them in an egg wash then bread them then fry them
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I always grill mine, but if you must fry, I would definitely coat with Shake-n-Bake. That stuff is fool-proof and then put about 1-2 inches of oil in your pan on med heat. After oil is hot (a drop of water will dance on the surface) carefully place pork chops in but don't let them touch each other - they need room to cook all around. Depending on the thickness of your chop, it should be around 3 to 5 minutes per side. Flip and do the same on the other side. Since you're frying in oil, let them rest on paper towel before serving.
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 4:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Why in the world would you BOIL them first?
    Anonymous

• I like to bake mine(doing that now) no grease...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 5:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have a small deep fryer that I fry my pork chops in. But I use 2 eggs and about 1- 2 cups of milk in one bowl beating to mix all ingredients together. Then in another bowl I had self rising flour, garlic powder, onion, powder, Italian seasoning, about 1-2 tsp. of rosemary..mixing that all together. Then with deforst pork chops dip them in the eggs mixture, dip them in the flour mixture, dip them in the egg mixture and flour mixture again. Then throw them in my hot deep fryer for about 5-10 minutes. If you don't have that then a nice casket iron skillet does perfect or a regular skillet will do just add enough oil to cover the pork chops and it must be very hot oil..where it sizzles and cracks when you put the pork chops in it. Turn once after 5 minutes and then let it cook on the other side for 5 minutes. Sit on a plate with a couple of paper towels. Best served when hot.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 7:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2009