Have you ever figured out an ANON?

I was on a question today and I saw someone use their screen name and misspell a word. I instantly knew it was the true identity of an ANON from another post. It was a big A-HA moment. I did not out her, but it was just one of those moments when worlds collide and things become clear. Have you all had that, can you tell the true ID of an ANON through their writing?

wildboyz1994

Asked by wildboyz1994 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have seen a question asked by anon, and then she writes a response that starts with "OP here" and she forgot to hit the anon button for the reply. I called her on it. It was an embarassing question and I felt sorry for her. She then deleted her comment and reposted it with the anon. LOL
    Anonymous

• yup twice!! and both time i called them out! LOL it was such a great feeling! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yep! It's a good feeling, hehe.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Why is it important to find out who an anon is? In my opinion if somebody doesn't even have the balls to put their name and own their comments, I simply ignore them, specially the ones who get nasty and mean.

But hey if it made your day, good for you.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Alexis- did they admit it was them? I was so tempted to be like OMG- I know who you are from another post, but it just seemed like it would lead to a whole bunch of she said/she said!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Bebita- not sure if it made my day... it was kind of like a deja vu type moment.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I could care less who an Anonymous is.

Answer by louise2 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have! There is a lady on here that uses excessive punctuation in every post. She ends all of her statements like this...............................................

Then comes down a few lines like this................................................

AND SHOUTS THINGS AT PEOPLE LIKE THIS....................

lol.... IDK if she knows everyone can tell who she is when she makes an anonymous jab at someone.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Maybe those people are just trying to look like somebody else and starts to type like them?? Ever think about that?
    Anonymous

• no - i really never tried to figure it out.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 4:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2009