Do you know someone or have you been in a abusive relationship?

Why did you stay for as long as you did?My sister keeps getting in to bad relationships and i just don't understand why.My mom was in a very abusive relationship when we were teenagers.He beat her so bad she almost died.And i learned from that so why couldn't my sister do the same.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• some see it as familiar and are comfortable with it

Answer by admckenzie at 4:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• p.s. this is why some states have the Failure to Protect Law which says if the mom doesn't get the kids out of that environment SHE can be arrested. Children learn what they live. they see abuse as normal behavior. I'm glad you saw it as wrong though.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I am in an abusive relationship.
    I dont have the money to leave, and no family or friends to help me out and im 2k miles away from my home state.
    so I guess im screwed.
    also I tryed to tell his grandmother but she dident believe me, even with bruses on me.
    please dont judge me, you dont know me or what im going threw.
    Anonymous

• I'm not judging you anon5:45.I feel sorry for you.Can you not go to the cops,a church or even a shelter.Their is always someone that can help.
    Anonymous