why are some people so rude?

My SO Aunt is a total bitch to me. She at one point said pretty much it was my fault that I am pregnant( This is her comment to me after I had said how big I was getting! And she says well its your fault that you are this way! You arent going to be your same size ever again!! And when she and her daughter were out here she would metion to her in front of me that you better not get pregnant like that you need to be married and have a college education unlike some people.

She now thinks that she is the boss of us telling us what to do and how to do the new condo me and my SO just bought! She is always telling me what I need to do when the baby gets here and how to do it. I understand advice but this is not advice this is her telling me what to do and always making rude comments about me being unmarried and only a high school grad!!
What do I do?
I feel like if I tell my SO it would upset him?!
Any advice?

bennysmommy816

Asked by bennysmommy816 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just smile and nod......
    Anonymous

• Dignified silence. Hold your head up high, and don't acknowledge rude statements. The result will be that she looks smaller and smaller and more and more petty and out of line. Be a better person than she is.

Answer by Bmat at 4:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I'd have already told her off. But being it's you SO aunt he needs to tell her to back off. Does he know the stuff he says? If not you need to.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My advice.Turn around,pull your pants down and tell her to "kiss this" LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• What the differences your already upset so I would talk with your SO and tell him that your upset and your feelings are hurt by her and You would really like him to talk to her and tell her to keep her mouth shut and get the hell off your back.
    Hey mommy-to-be you are a good person and don't listen to what she has to say. She's just a bitch like you said.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I think you need to talk to your SO about it and make sure he understands how you feel. Just dont make it such a big deal that it becomes a fight. Try to get him on your side about it. Let him know how much it hurts you and you need his support. Then talk with him about how to deal with the aunt. Men usually dont like stepping into these kind of situations, but he might surprise you. Either he or you can talk to the aunt, not fight, and try to get her to understand that you both want her in the babies life and be a part of the family but things have got to change.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I agree with Bmat. She obviously has no class, and probably has deep-seated issues regarding pregnancy if she is that hung up over yours. I would let her open mouth speak for both of you! It will make you look like the better person over and over again :) Why has your SO not spoken up to her? My DH would have come unglued had any of his family said something like that to me! You might want to talk to him and explain how it makes you feel, and how much stress its causing you and baby. If nothing else he might can subtly get her to stop, at least around you. He should not be upset with you at all!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 4:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I've told him once before at the baby shower when she said rude things in front of people she didnt even know! And he said oh thats her personality! I have weird sence of humor to but would not ever degrade some one! She thinks her shit dont stink cause she has money when its really her husbands money! And her daughter is a fat rude piece of shit too..and we always have to deal with them because she comes up all the time and I just cant take it now they think they can stay at our house when they come up!!
    Ill end up doing some thing crazy to her I just know it!!
    bennysmommy816

Answer by bennysmommy816 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• You need to have a heart to heart chat with your hubby; he needs to let auntie that if she can't keep her nastly comments to herself, she will not continue to be a part of your family.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Oh, this sounds like my SO's mother! I would definitely talk to him, because it's not right that she's just making you upset. Yes, you can hold your head up high & be the better person, but that doesn't mean her statements aren't hurtful or causing you grief. Nobody deserves to be talked down to.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2009