What do you think of the name Toni for a girl

My mothers name was toni and she passed 8 years ago so i was thinking of naming my daughter after her. what do you think of the name? Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think its a great name! Very pretty , and distinctive enough to be noticed. Also, your daughter will have the knowledge that her name means something very special to you, and to her.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 4:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I think its beautiful and sweet to name her after your mom. My cousins name is Toni and spelt the same way too.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I'm not a fan of it, but it's always different when there is a reason attached to it. You could use it for a middle name.

I gave my little girl the middle name Marjorie-I don't like it, but it's my Great Aunt's name and I really wanted her to live on and I wanted to give her that honor.
    Anonymous

• Nothing wrong with the name toni. It's a unisex name. You could also name her Antonia(or some name similar to that i can't think of many variations of toni here LOL minds blank) but you can nickname her toni.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I like it my mom had a best friend named Tony ( girl).
    Anonymous

• I love that name. My cousin named her daughter in memory of my Uncle who passed away right before she was born.
    baby2010

Answer by baby2010 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Toni it is very pretty and nice just like the babygirl you will have :)

Is it short for another name?  I have an aunt and her name was Antonia (spanish) and we called her Aunt Toni ( we would kid with her and call her Toni Balony) she would just laugh.

We were just kids.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2009