how do i naturally induce labor without harming my baby?

I'm 40 weeks pregnant and feeling the same as i did when i was 30 weeks pregnant, just a bit more rounded. i've tried walking, sex, bouncing, and so many other things and still, nothing. a little help with this, as i am new to the mothering world, would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say keep doing everything you are doing. Don't drink castor oil though. Doctors are now saying it can cause dehydration and that's no good. Just keep taking long walks, maybe have sex again, spicy food, and all that jazz. Baby will be here soon so just patient!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Spicy food or if your really desperate there is castor oil. You said you tried bouncing did you bounce on a big yoga ball. I did that throughout the day and that night my water broke. GL
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 4:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Just keep doing what you are. You're baby will come when he/she is ready!
    Anonymous

• Sex the semen has a harmone that softens the cervix. Here check out this site..

http://www.maternitycorner.com/mcmag/articles/preg0007.html

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• DONT DRINK CASTOR OIL!!! LOL You will be miserable. It's not worth it and probably won't work. I tried everything. None of the old wives' tales work. All I can recommend is sex and walking. Even if those don't put you in labor, they'll help make you stronger for when you are in labor.

corinnejenkins

Answer by corinnejenkins at 4:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i did the whole castor oil thing with one of my kids and it was the worst thing ever. i still cant stand the smell of it, and it doesnt really even have a smell. plus it didnt really work for me. so i would say not to do that, i think its its called evening primerose oil. you put it on your area like 3 times a day and it makes your cervix thin and help you dialate it doesnt make you have contractions but it does help the cervix. my doctor told me to use it, but i was 41 weeks so you might want to talk to your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Change the Oil in your car, it worked for me :D
    Maybe have a virgin margarita, I ditd that too!

lol, good luck!
    mach1racer

Answer by mach1racer at 5:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2009