military life

Can your hubby provide a good life for his family in the military?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no the pay isnt good
    Anonymous

• A good life is not about the money. A good life is about the married couple being committed to having a good life. If you aren't or he isn't, it won't work.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• depends on which branch. My guy is Air Force and does very well.
    Anonymous

• military is a waste. pay sucks, medical sucks, you'll be a single mom
    Anonymous

• Sure the pay isnt great, but you have a free house, free utilities, you get paid a food allowance, free medical care. I know some people think its a waste but I dont. My husband takes great care of us. we have a new car, we're never hungry, I am living in Italy! How many of your husbands have jobs where you get to live in Europe? Money isnt everything. Yes hes gone alot, but our love isnt fleeting, we actually love eachother and have been together for 8 years, 4 years before he joined the Army. So yes, my husband can provide a good life for us in the military!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• mine is active army and we love it. it was really hard at first because yes, the pay isnt great but once we learned to live within our means and manage our money things got alot easier. yeah im alone alot, but we make the most of the time we are together. im sure if you asked my kids if they are happy they would tell you yes. we have a roof over our heads, food, a vehicle, medical care and steady pay, so i am not going to complain.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• We do very well on my husband's military pay alone.
    When he began in the military we didn't have very many bills so the small amount of pay he received was enough for us to pay our bills and put some into savings.
    As he went up in paygrade and transferred to a duty station that provides a high BAH our bills increased, too - car loan, mortgage, etc.
    We have always had excellent care with military and civilian physicians who accept TriCare.
    The dental and eyecare is comparable to civilian offered insurances, so we deal with it.
    Deployments suck, but if you are a strong woman then you can do it. I did it with 3 children and no family help - I have always been strong, independent, and resourceful. I love having my husband home, though. ♥
    The military life is not for everyone, but it is a good life and the pay can carry a family just fine if you budget well.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2009