Since clearly this is to tough to understand, let's try again

Why do so many people just buy into whatever their told? A mom on here can post something that's actually not even correct, but people just jump on the bandwagon and start complaining without even checking out what was originally said?! And this is a real life situation too - so many people just believe what they're told or what they read on the internet without making an effort to find out if that information is true or accurate. Why are so many people content with just buying into whatever they're told?

Jafra_mommy

Asked by Jafra_mommy at 4:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Both your questions are condescending. You immediately assume everyone is an idiot, but you. If the question bothers you, don't answer it.
    Anonymous

• why should you care so much?
    Anonymous

• Sometimes its easier to just believe it then it is to do the reasearch or what not and sometimes its naivete as in we beleive that the source we got the info from has done their due diligence and sometimes its as simple as not knowing where to look for the right information.
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 4:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Laziness perhaps. Also, it's a lot easier to follow the crowd than it is to stand out! Don't you know this place can be just like HS except the without the really bad clothes, big hair and loud music.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I usually rely on my gut and if a red flag goes up I research it to make sure what I heard is really true.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It's the American way. :) jk
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

Did I say that, or did you assume that? (Here's a hint, you assumed that. My post doesn't say everyone is like that, but that it appears that most people are like that.)
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 4:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Wow...you mean to tell me that you NEVER believe anything that anyone tells you without researching first? I don't believe that for one second. We all have our sources that we believe, without having to research every little thing they say. That is what we call TRUST.
    I don't jump on bandwaggons either, I do my homework, but there comes a point where someone looks like an info-Nazi...having to correct eveyone in their path... and THAT gets really annoying.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I'll believe my mom when she tells me my sister is doing something stupid, or that my brother needs help with something. I'll believe DH when he tells me something about how his gun works. BUT when it comes to politics I NEVER believe anything I'm just told. I always research it first before forming an opinion. The same goes for factual type information. This is just part of my personality, I've been like this since I was a kid. My dad would tell me something about Africa, and I'd go to the library in my school to see if it was true.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 4:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• BTW... which "bandwagon" are you talking about? Obama? Bush? Anti-abortion? Pro-choice? Gay rights? The mud is flying everywhere today, so I need a frame of reference to make a good defense.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2009