I'm not getting any good response here at all

Ive asked about oxygen chambers 3 times. Ive talked to man named mark Fowler who opens his home to all parents with heavy duty problems mostly autistic( cp severe )and brain injuries, canceled 3 times because I'm letting my little girl work on her Delays in therapy, some thrapists@ hospital claims give it it try at least take alook the place. there is no confirmed diagnoses for anything on Havana we took the chromosomal test itclear an MRI clear havana has mild muscle hypotonia has but that not even diagonosed a lazy eye which some therapist have told me may make it more difficult for her to walk alone she walks only holding on to something, but she walks for blocks holding her stroller , now she has orthotic braces and shes uncomfortable with them but she still pushes her stroller, i talked mark fowler in fl and he claims she the perfect age for this goggle his name and read his testimonials . need opinions

youmakemydreams

Asked by youmakemydreams at 4:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I'm sorry, i hope you get some opinions....i saw your question last night, but i can't give you an opinion because i don't know anything about this kind of thing. Maybe no one who read the question does. I hope you get what your looking for.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I googled him but didn't find anything....I have a special needs child to maybe you can join this group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/32

they have helped with my questions and have given me support. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I read an article on him. It sounds very interesting and I never heard about this before. The only thing that would make me nervous about this is it is not watched over by a doctor. Have you talked to a neurosurgeon? What does the therapist do with your daughter? How old is she now? I'm just curious. It's a hard call. You want to do the best for your child but then again you don't want to make the wrong decision. I too would have a hard time making that decision.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I doubt it will hurt but I really don't know. The theory is that spending some time in a pressurized, higher-oxygen environment will help force extra oxygen into the cells. There is some validity to this (it does help in injuries such as brain damage and frostbite) and a lot of hype.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Hi :)
    I suggest talking to Havana's doctor(s). Do all the research you can. What are the possible positives? What are the possible negatives? In the end, you're her mama (and a great one!) and will have to make the decision. Good luck!
    peasntatersmom

Answer by peasntatersmom at 7:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• This man doesn't seem to be a doctor so I don't know that I would do it just because anything could happen.
    littlejjsmommy

Answer by littlejjsmommy at 7:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• There are topics that we don't all know about. Have you tried google?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Maybe you aren't getting responses because no one has an opinion about the subject or don't know anything about it. You do need to find a reputable source or doctor's opinion.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Is this person a certified hyperbaric technician? If not, run the other direction. There is a hyperbaric office at the hospital I am doing my student nursing clinical at. The RN that runs it is specially trained and certified in hyperbaric chambers. In case of emergancy, the person running it has to know how to SAFELY and quickly bring the patient "up" (out of the high oxygen concentration). I would be very hesitant to have my toddler in one of those chambers. Further more, I find it hard to believe that a toddler would tolerate the chamber. they are fully enclosed in a cylinder and it is loud inside. they are usually able to watch TV or movies (headphones), but they are completely alone inside the chamber and have to just lie still. I can't imagine it working out well for such a young child.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:38 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My son has been diagnosed with having a lazy eye. If you haven't taken your daughter to a pediatric ophthamologist, I would highly recommend it because this is not the pediatrician's specialty. It was a little frustrating when the pediatrician couldn't diagnose the lazy eye. We were told by the ophthamologist that about 50% of children with lazy eye will resolve itself without having to wear special glasses to strengthen the eye by about the age of 11. It has something to do with their brain telling them that their is something wrong with their sight & the brain will send a message to the muscles to correct it. I notice that when my ds falls a lot or runs into walls, it is when his eye is wandering. I have notice that his eye doesn't wander as much today as it did 6 months ago. The ophth. dr. told us to schedule an appt. w/him if it starts happening more. I hope this helps with one of your concerns.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2009