Did anyone else get depressed...

when they got their tubes tied? My baby is only 2 weeks old but I already regret it. I have 3 beautiful kids and thats all DH and I ever planned to have. I always knew I would get my tubes tied with the 3rd baby. But anytime I see something on TV about pregnancy I get so emotional. I know it's silly b/c 3 is all we need, but I can't help but be sad about not being able to have more.

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am in the same boat...... the thought of never being preggy again and never having another baby in the house makes me sooo sad! and the fact that we are finally building our home and none of our babys will be concieved there! I keep telling everyone I have buyers remorse! but my OB told me if I got preggy again I would be SUPER high risk!
    Jamie822

Answer by Jamie822 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Mine aren't tied but I can imagine you aren't alone in feeling a little sad. As women I think the greatest privledge we have is to give birth. But you've been given 3 blessings, how wonderful! Try to think of the three you have.
    Anonymous

• I am scheduled for a medical hysterectomy soon. I am fine with it now, but my husband is worried that I will get depressed afterward. I have two wonderful children and I have medical complications that would make it nearly impossible for me to conceive and carry to term, so I know there is no point in not doing the procedure. But he is worried about my emotions afterward.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I think it is normal. I did. My dd did when she had her tubes tied after having 4 kids and she only wanted 2! Knowing that's the end sort of sucks but it will get better in time. You will come to accept your decision better after a while.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• This is why I will never do it. I wanted it done but then I got an IUD instead and I cried for 2 days because I all of a sudden wanted another baby. I want one bad 2 years later and I'm removing it.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i am so done having kids, but i would be to sad about it, my dh got the deal done for us, and i'm sad abovt that one. so i can only imagine if it was me. it's pry got a lot to do with ur emotions being crazy from the baby, i'm sure in time things will straighten out and get better.
    mommy2xp

Answer by mommy2xp at 5:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009