I'm not sure if my headaches are from high blood pressure or what...

I havent got to go to the dr yet bc I'm waiting for them to call me back for an appt, but I'm a little worried I may have high blood pressure. I've been getting really bad headaches that last for two or three days and I can't get rid of them with Tylenol and I've read that you'll get bad headaches if youR blood pressure is high. The reason I'm worried is bc both parents, both grandpas and one grandma have high blood pressure and my mom passed away last September from a heart attack bc her blood pressure. Did or does anyone have high BP and if so them are there any other signs I can look for until I'm able to see the dr? I know you'll get headaches during pregnancy but these aren't normal headaches. I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I've been having them the past couple weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you can't get to a doctor today, go to the ER. And find a more responsive doctor

Answer by rkoloms at 4:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• if you're that concerned, then get help today. However, i had the absolute worst, most blinding headaches that no tylenol could cure during almost my entire first trimester. I'm 22 weeks now & they've gone away, but i got them pretty much every day between week 8-16, i'd say. and my blood pressure was fine, it was just hormones. they were so horrendous, i couldn't read, drive, or concentrate on anything - not helpful when that was right at the end of the semester..haha. feel better soon, darlin'! the second trimester is waaaaay better!!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009