IS THIS TRUE?

Can squeezing your nipples and colustrum coming out cause pre-term labor? Sometimes i'll squeeze my boobs to get some to come out if they're leaking a little... most of the time i can feel my boobs leaking into my bra during the day then when i try to *clean* up my nipples and dry the little spots up it'll start pouring again.. im 31 weeks pregnant with my first and just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nipple stimulation can cause uterine contractions, which can induce labor. It doesn't always, and it depends on how you do it, but it's best to be careful.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• nipple stimulation can cause labor but you have to do it alot, like 30 min each time a bunch of time a day. its not something you want to do. but from what you are saying thats not going to do anything. with all my kids my nipples start leaking like crazy and when i would try and clean it up it would just start up again, but it never put me in labor. hope that helps alittle
    Anonymous

• i don't want to start labor or anything since i still have a little to go but my SO **LOVES** playing and squeezing them and ill have to tell him this so he'll chill out on that and not shove me into pre term labor or something.. lol
    Anonymous

• it can cause you to go into labor..but you would have to like really really pump it, you know?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't think squizing them to get it out would cause you to jump into labor. tho I would suggest getting nursing pads if you are leaking bad enough, would save your bras from getting smelly to!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2009