Have you ever Shimmy? (belly dancing)

I tried it (It was on that exercise channel - FitTV) but couldn't get that much into it, I was so bad at it I was so uncordinated.

But I did break out alittle sweat I guess that is a good thing....lol my daughter gave up she only lasted 10 min. (6yr.old) it was fun though.

I could not get the hang of it shaking my hips and to top it off they want you to TREMBLE....while (moving your hips as a figure 8 motion) I am still trying to learn how to sway my hips...lol It was just for fun I enjoyed it...something different I guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i use to do it. same thing on fit tv. but then i found out i was prego nd stopped. lolz
    Anonymous

• I love it. I just discovered it a month or so ago. I can kind of do it except for the tremble part, but it does make my back ache. It is a lot of fun, and I plan to keep it up.

Answer by Bmat at 5:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I bellydance! It's great for your abs...and your sex life! You'll get the hang of it... try the Veena and Neena videos. They break it down step by step, so you know HOW they are doing what they're doing.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I tried it after I had my 2nd baby in 2007. I stopped doing that and started doing some of the other shows on FitTv (look at my profile's personal statement, I love that channel!) before I found out I was pregnant with #3.

I had to do it alone though, because I didn't feel sexy, and I didn't want my DF to make fun of me (he used to date an Arab girl who used to do it, ugh, lol.) After this baby, I'm going to go back to Gilad, All Star Workouts, and Namaste Yoga. I do still practice the Shimmy moves every once in a while. ;)
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 5:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Since I was kid. Learned from my family. My fathers side came from India.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My mother in law is an instructor and I was skeptical at first but once she got me to do it I love it! I get hip ties and other costume pieces for my birthday every year. I shimmy and dance when I clean the house and we get together once a week in the evening and dance for hours... it's a blast!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 5:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2009