how long can you breastfeed while your prego?

i just found out that i'm prego, im around 3 months, i'm still breastfeeding my son, and i was just wondering how long can i keep breastfeeding him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• check on the info before you take my opinion, but I have known several women that BF the whole time and continued to BF both babies once the second was born. Like I said tho, I would check on the info, because I know nipple stimulation can cause contractions.
    Anonymous

• I think you can bf during your pregnancy but the milk may change due to your hormones and your son may not want to do it if he doesn't like the taste. But I think physically it can be done! Great job sticking with it!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have a friend that had her oldest in Sept. (this was a long time ago) then the following Aug had twins. When the twins were 18 months she had her 4th one. I know she bf the first one until the twins came..then added them as well. I think the twins were weaned by the time the last one was born. My son is 7 months older then her oldest...and my DD is a year younger then her youngest.

So yeah, I'd say you could do it. As far as nipple stimulation starting up contractions, I'd check on that one. I know that sometimes even sex won't start your labor.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• The whole pregnancy as long as you are not going into premature labor or having a MC or something else that would be irritated by having contractions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2009