Does anyone near hickory nc have a breastpump their no longer using?

I need a replacement part for mine and evenflo wont replace the part because of the model and it was made in 2006. I cant afford to buy a whole new pump. Im going to need a working pump when I start to wean my daughter after she turns one. Shes almost 10 months old now. Anything would help, thanks moms.

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NC WIC program gives pumps to BFing moms, you can get a manual one for free or an electric one on loan if you are a full time student or worker. CALL them even if you don't have WIC if you qualify, sign up and they will give you one.

Evenflo pumps SUCK seriously...I call them Evilflo..

I have some manual pumps by medela but I'm in Fayetteville..

BTW when you start to wean drop one feeding every 5-7 days and your body will get used to it gradually and you won't need to pump. ALso if you let your daughter wean on her own you won't need to pump, its recommended by the world health organization along with others to nurse until age 2 minimum..
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• why wean? why not keep going, you should probably be doing it until 2 because that is the recommended age that way you kill two birds with one stone, a. your daughter will get all the benefits from breastfeeding and so will you! and b. you wont need to get a new breast pump because you wont need one, your daughter will do that for you ;)
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 9:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2009