• In the Spotlight:

How do you play with a 1 yr old?

okay. i knew what to do with my dd when she was a "baby" but now that she's a one year old, she is not interested in our old play activities...and i am clueless. i was okay when she was younger, it was easy. most of the time she jsut wanted to cuddle- not anymore. i want to do stuff that she will enjoy. what kinds of games and play did/do you and your one year old enjoy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Peek-a-boo can be a big hit.
    Clapping games are also good.
    I used to read colourful books with my nieces when they were little.
    Building a tower of blocks and letting them knock it over works well too.
    ileea

Answer by ileea at 5:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• roll balls, get a bottle of bottles to blow at her. push toys, things that make loud noises. A bucket of water and some balls in it.
    Anonymous

• All of the above. Plus give her some of your plastic bowls that fit into each other. My son's absolute favorite in the WHOLE world is when we play with a big, plastic tub like the kind that are semi-see through (cheap disposible tupperware style). We put it over his face and gently tap his nose, he wear it as a hat, then we put it on my head and over my face and he does it. :)

He also loves to play "chase" now that he's walking, but loved "crawl chase" before, too. All I have to do is say "I'm gonna get youuuuuuu!" and give him tickle fingers and he runs off screaming with laughter.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 7:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2009