Does any one else?

Hate their MIL? We aren't even married yet and she butts in to every aspect of our relationship when it's none of her business!...and always defends her son, even though a vast majority of the time, he 's the one that's wrong!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• i dont hate my MIL but she does the same things. There have been times i've had to tell her to shut up and butt out but she always seems to go right back into her old routine
    TheLovelee

Answer by TheLovelee at 5:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I must have gotten lucky, I don't have MIL or MIL to be issues.

My ex husband's mother was apathetic and very uninvolved with his life. My ex fiance's mother ADORED me and even after we split, she still called me and sent birthday cards to me and my kids. My current bf's mom passed away a long time ago and he was raised by his grandparents, who have also passed.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It gets worse...I am here to tell ya, I thought mine were a little looney when we married...now I think they are certifiably crazy! Most of our arguments are about them...that is the sad part.

I am not telling you not to marry him b/c of them...but you may want to have a serious discussion about their limits and rules etc.
    Anonymous

• Mine lives far away. But she doesn't not like me. You better establish you can live with his mother because it isn't going to get better anytime soon. Before you say I do, think hard about that.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• what does your fiance say? my mother and husband would pick at each other like you wouldn't believe. I just decided early that I wasn't going to take sides at all! Most of it was stupid anyway.
    They started in during a visit and I just went and fixed myself a cup of tea and sat down and watched like I was being entertained! My mother started sqeeling that I should be defending her honor! mind you, she is queen of correcting others grammar. My husband is so big on grammar that he started to point out that her's wasn't as perfect as she thought- boy was she mad!
    So when they started picking at each other I just sat and watched. I told them if they were going to act like a couple of 6 year olds, then I would treat them that way and let then deal with it themselves!
    Best move I made- it's been about 12 years now that we've been together and if they spat neither one drags me into it! :)
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 6:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• as for my own MIL? She is a dear sweet lady. I've only had to call her on behavior once. She sent me some religious that 'maybe I'd never had access to' - I think she wants me to convert to my husbands religion. I just wrote her a letter telling her in the nicest way possible that the information was not wanted, needed nor appreciated and to never discuss religion with me again.
    She did what I asked- and she's still sweet.
    BTW- I happen to be a non-denominational minister- I think this puzzles her :)
    Good luck!
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 6:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009