question for those who don't tip...

No bashing! I'm just curious... if you a regular costumer at a salon or a restaraunt and you never tip, do they treat you with the same happy smile everytime you come?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was a waitress and honestly the regulars always tipped . The ones that didnt were the ones you would not see again .
    I did have one regular that would get the 99 cent coffee and give me a dollar and told me to keep the change .
    So when he came in I would let him sit there for a little while I took care of the other people .
    Everyone said he had been coming in for years and never gave more then a penny for a tip .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I don't tip, I dont believe in tiping. I think that the restaurant should pay the waitress a decent wage and not leve it up to the patron when we are already paying good money to come eat at that establishment.

My ex-husband once gave a $50.00 tip to a waitress at a mexican restaurant......I was pissed!
    mach1racer

Answer by mach1racer at 6:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• LOL mach.. I feel the same way but I do tip. I never understood how a restaurant can pay the waiter less then min wage like some say and have the customers supplement. Just seems strange and unfair to me.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It is unfair. I made 2.13 an hour
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I don't think a waitress should assume she'll get a tip, especially when you treat the customer poorly...like the guy who was made to wait because he only leaves a penny for a tip.

For example, a week ago, SO and I took our dd to Pizza Hut for dinner. The waitress sat us down, then disappeared. I'm serious. We were sitting for at least 15 minutes in an almost-empty restaurant, with no drinks, etc. We just up and left! We wound up going to a restaurant next door.

I think tips should be an incentive...the better the service, the better the tip. But not just an automatic thing. I've had my share of crappy servers over the years, but I always tip, no matter what.

I tend to get my food delivered to my home (like pizza, chinese,etc), just to avoid rude servers. And I always tip the delivery people.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009