Why isn't there a CPS for unborn babies? Are they not children too?

I have this friend who absolutely does not want her baby. She slept with over 20 different dudes who she didnt even know, and now she doesnt know which is the father, AND if she did know which one it was she doesnt know their names or how to contanct any of them. She does drugs and drinks. She is constantly complaining she doesnt want it. She is 13 weeks and hasnt gone to the Doctor. She also told me that if its a girl she wont love it cause "she doesnt want to deal with a bitch". Im 5 months preggo with my first! and im so excited.. so it hits close to home that she is being so bad already to this child. Why is there no one to contact to make her control herself? or help the baby or make sure it gets taken away from her? I hate watching and knowing something awful will happen to this poor baby...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• popcornJerry Springer Show

Anonymous

• Contact CPS and let them know. Maybe a court can step in and have her get some help. A woman who does drugs while pregnant can be prosecuted for child endangerment. Like a baby being born addicted to crack or something will be taken from the mother and the mother punished. Like I said, call CPS and ask them what can be done.
    Anonymous

• There must be someone that can help. Pastor at a local church?Call social services and ask them what can be done?If she is doing something illegal maybe she can be arrested and jail time is a good time to rehab and rethink a persons lifes decisions and choices.Something similiar happened to someone I know...she was arrested while pregnant and that is the only reason the baby was born healthy because the girl was addicted to crack.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I agree - call CPS. I don't say that lightly, but prenatal drug abuse is a crime. Depending on which drugs she is doing, she may be causing birth defects. I adopted both of my kids, and they were both exposed to meth for at least half the pregnancies. People lose custody of their kids for stuff like that. It doesn't sound like she even wants the baby, so it may be for the better.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 6:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• WOW CAN ANYONE SAY SLUT??? GEEZZZ SHE NEEDS SOME SERIOUS HELP AND COUNSILING YOU DOES THAT KIND OF SHIT TO KIDS WHAT A CRACK HEAD MASS MURDER SHE NEEDS TO GO GET AN ABORTION AND IF SHE DONT SHE CAN KISS THAT BEBE GOOD BYE HEY MAKE HER GET ONE IF NOT DONT TALK TO HER ANYMORE
    BriannaBopp

Answer by BriannaBopp at 7:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• BriannaBopp, I agree with everything you said except the part about the abortion. Why punish the baby for what the mom has done? There are lots of good families who would welcome that baby.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2009