Ultrasounds and Gestational Age

Has anyone had an older gestational age by sac size than by embryo size? At my last ultrasound, the measurements of my sac put me at 7w3d while the measurements of my embryo put me at 6w1d. I did have a heartbeat but am very concerned about these date differences, especially since by lmp, I should be 8w1d. What do you ladies think? Is this rare? Is this common? Happened to anyone else who went on to have a successful pregnancy? I mean, if the gestational age indicated by my embryo size is correct, that would mean I would have ovulated two days before I got a bfp...

Learning2Hope

Asked by Learning2Hope at 5:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everything measures different .
    Even later.
    My daughters Head to rump measurements at 36 weeks was measuring at 39 weeks
    Her head was measruing at 42 weeks her femerSP was measuring at 45 weeks
    You cant really take the measurment to heart
    They take all the measurments and get an about average of them to give you your due date.
    Congrats honey !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• LMP is usually 2 weeks more then gestational age. Unfortunatly I don't know anything about the size/ age differance between the sac and the embryo.
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I've heard they're not so accurate later, but from everything I've read online, the measurement dating by ultrasound is supposed to be pretty accurate at the early stages of pregnancy... That's what worries me. I haven't ever heard that LMP is usually 2 weeks more than gestational age. The two weeks difference was in such a way that it pushed back my due date. It was not meaning the difference between conception and when they start the dating of your pregnancy (2 weeks before you actually conceive/ovulate).

Has no one else ever had this difference in dating?
    Learning2Hope

Answer by Learning2Hope at 5:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2009