What kind of rice is the best?

IMO the only one that has work for me is the Canilla Brand. What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Rice is the one thing I absolutely cannot make!! Even the instant rice is a disaster when I try to make it! Can't figure out what my problem is. Maybe I should try your brand! :)

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I use white rice cheap off brand...just 2 cups of water to 1 cup rice with 1 tsp of butter. Put in microwave for 25 minutes and let it set in there for 10-15 minutes. Never had any promblems fixing it this way. Plus sometimes I might add garlic or onion powder to it...or instead of water beef or chicken broth. It all depends on the dish and what I am fixing for tonights dinner. But doing it on the stove..I have sooo many promblems with it.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 7:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• jasmine rice its sooo good and fine
    BriannaBopp

Answer by BriannaBopp at 7:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Brown rice is probably the most nutritious. I do like jasmine rice, as BriannaBopp suggested. And Carolina rice has its own tasty flavor also.

Answer by Bmat at 8:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Brown basmati.

If you want perfect rice every time, get a rice cooker.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I buy white rice, usually quick rice. I have never made rice that takes forever to make.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009