Would you welcome an exchange student in your home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes If i was older I would would because my husband was one before. I have a house and a extra room. But for me it would be all about timing. I have two small children and don't really want anyone in my home for now. But my husband stayed with a older couple and family with small kids. So I guess it's all about preferences.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It would depend on how old he/she is compared to my kids and if my kids want them...Or are you talking about one that your child has already be-friend? I wouldn't right now because my kids aren't even school age yet, but growing up we had 2 exchange students. One was with my brother and they got along great. The second was mine and she ended sleeping with my older brother and trying to split up my boyfriend (now hubby). She ended up getting "transferred" to another students home that she became friends with at school.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No. Because my family hosted one when I was 16 and we were each other's first loves.
    Anonymous

• yes! I lived overseas for 6 years and it was such a wonderful learning experience for the whole family.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yep I sure would. It would be very interesting.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• depends on a lot of things- how old my child was, where the exchange student was from, their home life, raising, values, etc. Pre-baby though it would have been fun, but with my own children in the mix, I'd have to use a lot more discretion.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes. And I have thought about sponsering a student now. There are some promotional add that ask for parents to take in exchange students. I would welcome and find it wonderful.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009