Can pregnancy save a relationship?

hehe I saw this question on The Maury show. Just thought i'd ask what you ladies thought?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 5:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. If anything I would think more often than not it makes a bad relationship worse.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i agree with christina, it wouldnt make anything better just make things worse and if they stayed together it would make life worse for the kid
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 5:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I thought it would make mine better. And it did WHILE I was preg. But THE DAY the baby was born he was ready to leave again. So IMO I would say no.
    belljaz

Answer by belljaz at 5:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I suppose anything is possible, but in 99 cases out of 100, the stress, exhaustion, body changes, lack of sex, etc makes things much worse! It is one of the top 5 most stressful things you can do in your relationship and most relationships, it is going to hurt. At least, it did for everybody I know, and most of them are in fundamentally good relationships.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No it hurts it. The relationship is about the man and the woman, not other people. Babies are hard work and the two people need to really have a solid relationship to be able to deal with the challeges of being both a spouse and a parent as a team.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Nope.

We were ready to break up when we found out we were pregnant, and stayed together because of the baby (I refused to get married though, thank god!) things were blissful throughout the pregnancy and for the first 6 months. Now at my daughter is 14 months old and I feel just like I did before we got pregnant. Miserable.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Nope. If anything if the relationship is not very stable to begin with then I think it would only get worse.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• it makes it even worse.
    I was going to leave and then found out I was pregnant.
    well fast forward 4 years later and im still miserable.

I dont know why people think having a kid will save a crappy relationship.
    if a guy treats you like $hit now, he will even more when the "kid" wont stop crying in the middle of the night.
    Anonymous

• NO. It will make any unhealthy relationship worse. Meaning if you are not with the father, its not going to bring you closer...if you are with him and hes a jerk, hes going to get worse. Especially if he starts out unhappy about the pregnancy. Even when the baby is born, if a guy isnt' ready..hes just not ready and sometimes never will be.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 7:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I was in a stable relationship and having a baby put a HUGE strain on it. I couldn't imagine trying to have a baby to save a relationship. It just sounds like a bad idea.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 9:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2009