• In the Spotlight:

MEN why do they "need it" and we tell them we really dont have it..

and they get upset..im talken about money.. my dh put in a vacation so he could get tires for his truck. ($ 400.00 ) and his normal check was small cause of the holiday. so i told him lastnight heres the 400 for the tires and he said well i need more i have to pay the lunch truck ( even though i buy lunch food for him for the week like ham, turkey,tuna. pluse lil milks he eats better then his co workers ) but yet he still gets lunch truck and runs a tab. anyways he says that and i say well we have rent this week and cs this week and the rest of the van payment which leaves us with almost nothing but things are paid. he got all angry and pissy and i said your normal check barley coverd whats needed. not to mention his tool payment of 50.00 a week. so once again i take my babysitting money to buy food for the week for us and kids. i said dont u think i would love spare change, stop eating off lunch truck.. why do they do this?

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• He sounds like he just isn't good with budgeting. Or doesn't have many concerns about it. He is like that because he doesn't have his priorities in order. I know my husband isn't like that so it's just a individual thing. Not a man thing.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i get that. he yells budget and i do and will say after all is done we have x amount left and he would ask me to give him some of it ummm im not useing it i just want it in the bank, but he wants to get something or buy an 18pk of beer and hang with the guys at work and i say someone else should buy it this week ( dh gets 1 night to hang out with the guys) so in the end my babysitting money goes to food and i also end up give him 30-40 bucks and im left over with enough to get myself a coffee. lastnight i said no more.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My husband just asked me if we could buy a 200 dollar USED computer even though we are trying to save to move out of my parents house. Then got MAD when I said we can't. Grrr! Men!
    belljaz

Answer by belljaz at 6:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I would suggest, if he's eating off the lunch truck, then stop buying lunch stuff for him to take to work.
    Anonymous

• I have pretty much the EXACT same situation with my SO. We can write a budget before every check, every month, every week, whatever. If there's 10 cents in his pocket,he'll spend. We spend over $400/mo at the grocery store and it's always "nothing to eat". I say- buy a carton of cigarettes- he says no it's cheaper by the pack where he gets them- then he buys them with soda or chips or whatever and next thing you know- he forgot using the card for gas and some stupid little $4 purchase leaves us with with a negative balance. I had to take my savings acct off of overdraft protection bcuz it would send $100 to checking- more $$ for him to screw up. It doesn't matter tho- bcuz he just gets my bank card and withdraws the $$. We had our rent paid 2mos ahead- our roommates paid half each month n when they moved out we couldnt pay rent- why?Because he insisted on eating out every day....
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 7:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Try giving him a certain amount of cash a\every week and not give him access to the bank card. If he wants something extra, he has to save up his cash to get it. If he runs out of money for the food truck, then he will have to pack lunch. My Dh is self employed and has some cash jobs, he keeps that for gas and lunch, beer,ect. All the other money goes to bills and he has no bank card to use. It really helps us to do this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2009